Reserve museum «Tanbaly»
About the Reserve
The history of discovery. The Tamgaly petroglyphs were discovered by an archaeological team led by A.G. Maksimova in 1957. Since the 1970s, A.N. Maryashev was engaged in the study of petroglyphs, later an expedition led by him, as well as A.G. Medoev, who made a significant contribution to the study of petroglyphs of Kazakhstan. Since the 1990s, the expedition, which continued archaeological research, was led by A.E. Rogozhinsky. A huge number of scientists, local historians, and volunteers made their contribution.